Frugal Tip when buying Salmon

Posted by Muriel Hedgcock

FRUGAL TIP: Buy a whole fresh Salmon from the fish counter and ask the fish monger to fillet it for you. Make sure its fresh. The salmon I bought made 16 individual fillets. I packed them into 4 packs of 4 fillets and into sandwich bags and popped them into the freezer the same day I bought them.
Each salmon meal cost 3.20 GBP coming up to 80p per fillet. Not bad for Salmon if you ask me. :-) Salmon is an exceptional source of protein with the omega 3 fats DHA and EPA.

Keep your eyes and ears open for Salmon Specials. Over Christmas, whole salmon was half price at Tesco and I believe Tesco will run that same special over Easter. :-) So stock up then.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© 2010 Creative Cooking with Muriel - All rights reserved
Content and images are strictly the property of the contributors and may not be used without written consent.